Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am asking for advice on behalf of a friend who has been

I am asking for advice on behalf of a friend who has been issued multiple speeding tickets over the course of the last 9 months and may now potentially be in danger of losing his licence.The initial offence was earlier this year when he took the 3 points and paid a £100 fine.The second was on 08/07/2021 @ 14:58 clocked at 44mphThe next two were on 09/09/2021 @ 15:42 clocked at 37mph and the same day in the same journey for work @ 16:08 clocked at 40mph.These were all on the same stretch of road in Coppull, Lancashire, PR7 post code area and by a van rather than fixed camera.If he does lose his licence then he will lose the means to his livelihood as a car is essential and the ability to effectively perform the role of carer for his mother who requires regular hospital transportation that he provides in his car but also emergency hospital attention at any time day or night based on her condition.Will the offences on 09/09/2021 with minutes of each other be treated as one offence? Will it be possible for him to take a speed awareness course for one or both of these?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: It's in the message - Coppull, Lancashire
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Only received the information of the instances on 09/09/2021 today
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I'm aware of

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What can I do for you? I;'m just travelling home underground but I will pick up early evening.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Just need advice on the situation and how best to approach the receipt of 2 speeding offence notifications from 09/09/2021 based on current situation...

Do you mean to avoid a ban?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I'm good with email - yes, avoid a ban is the primary concern and more understanding of how they will/can view the 2 offences on the same day

They will view them as separate and distinct incidents attacking different points. There is no mitigation in they being on the same day.

What would be the consequence of you being disqualified?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Is this only the case as it's Lancashire police? Do others treat them more leniently?

no, all forces and all courts. Two instances of speeding are two instances of speeding.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
If he does lose his licence then he will lose the means to his livelihood as a car is essential and the ability to effectively perform the role of carer for his mother who requires regular hospital transportation that he provides in his car but also emergency hospital attention at any time day or night based on her condition.

Is that the only issue? That isn't going to be adequate Im afraid. The Bench won't accept that he needs to keep driving just to take her to hospitals. There are always cabs and somebody else can always assist. Emergencies can also lead to calling the 999 services.

Is that really the only real need for his car?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
He is a self employed musician who earns money to keep himself and his mother who he lives with and cares for. His drive to work at a music school is around 20 miles each way and based on the equipment then a bus is not practical. He also has private tuition engagements around local area in Lancashire which could be anywhere in the county and has band / gig arrangements that require use of his car and/or leased vehicles dependent on arrangements at the venue

That is getting better but you might need to show that he can't use a driver or taxis.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
The cost of taxis and drivers would be prohibitive as his income for he & his mother just would not be adequate...

He would need to show that he has costed it with proper quotes and that it would be such that it wouldn't be profitable. Its a really high test.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Should he return the 2 tickets from 09/09/2021 and request a speed awareness course for the 2 and pay the fines for both as an initial step?

No, there is no point. They will either offer it or they won't.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Ah OK, so will get him to return these and then see what comes back now as a first step