Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

This morning I was given a ticket for turning left into the

Customer Question

This morning I was given a ticket for turning left into the supermarket entrance. The road ahead then said closed. Saw policeman and asked where I can park as not from area and was sent here to cover the office. He said I was getting a ticket for taking a left where the temporary signs said no left turn. There are 2 signs one before the junction and one placed after it. Son inspection the first one you approach was partially hidden be a shop board. Because of this you focous on the one after the junction. I explained genuine mistake as new to area and I thought it meant no left turn further on. But he said no. I have pictures.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Harleston, Norfolk
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: be sent a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty
OR
- you will be sent details of a court hearing at a Magistrates Court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: RT88750 is the offence code
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello Jo - did you get to see what happened this morning?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Norfolk and Suffolk police
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Oh ok, are you asking if this a defence?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Well the first no left turn sign was obscured by a shop A frame. So as you approach you are looking at the 2nd sign placed AFTER the left hand turn and it looked like no left hand turn ahead. It also says on the ticket I was detected by an ACD which is also incorrect. Would you like pictures of the signs?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

So what is your question?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Well, what do you want to know?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you think there is a reasonable grounds for appeal as the first sign was obstructed by a shops a frame
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Obviously I haven't seen the signs.

But the fact that its after the entrance does not necessarily mean they can't rely upon it if its visible before the turn. No left hand turns are usually pretty clear.

Contesting it might pay off but obviously you have to think of costs.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm sorry I don't understand who can't rely upon it? Here are the pics the first obscured
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry your answer is a little ambiguous. ie But the fact that its after the entrance does not necessarily mean they can't rely upon it if its visible before the turn. Who can't rely upon it ? I do not understand sorry. As you can see the first sign was obstructed and as the 2nd sign was placed after the juction I assumed it was referring to further on no left hand turn. I have sent the pics of the signs to you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

They can still rely on it.

The second sign is perfectly clear.

The first is fairly clear too.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

contesting it might pay off as they may always fail to prepare their case properly but, proceeding on the basis that they get their case in order, these signs are not really obscured I'm afraid.