Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I got a parking violation in a free car park over 4 years

I got a parking violation in a free car park over 4 years ago, I remember sending in a reply when I first got it, and to be truthful I forgot all about it, I got a letter from a courthouse in Northampton saying I’d been found guilty, so I wrote them a letter and they have adviced me to get a N244, I’ve got one but I don’t understand it. Thank you
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Bradfield rd Sheffield S6
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: I got a letter saying I had 28 days to reply, but there was no court date
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: To reply to the citation I got I could only reply by email which I did, as soon as I sent the email a automatic reply came back and said by sending the email I automatically agreed to pay

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok what do I do with the N244

Ok, did you get the summons?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My bank have just text me to check that I am paying you, you can try again in 10 minutes

I can't call now anyway.

Can you just respond to the question I asked?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will you be in touch today please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m sorry to bother you but you said a few minutes, I have to be somewhere at 3 o’clock
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It says Judgment for claimant(in default)

Im sorry but I've been offline.

let me know when you are back and I can call then.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m back
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Still waiting
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am so disappointed with your response, could you please give me a time when you might call, I cannot sit here all day and night waiting

To be fair, I did say right at the outset that I couldn't call. You chose to ask for a call.

I could have done this online at 1pm.

I will be home at 18.30hrs. Is that any good?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When you said you couldn’t call, then why did you ask me to pay £44, I’m sorry I didn’t realise you meant all day, I’m home and alone but if you want to call Monday it’s fine by me
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’ve been asked to write a review, well I cannot give one, you knew the answer at 1 o’clock but you still advised me for you to call, I got well and truly conned
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also when I paid £5 it said refundable, how do I claim it back