Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have just received a 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' - I

Customer Question

I have just received a 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' - I was recorded driving at 46mph in a 40mph zone (316 coming in to London) on 10th November. I already have 9 points on my license and cannot afford to lose it. I have since this date been up and down to London and believe I may well have exceeded the limit by this much (little)! again. Can I contest this?? I have been having cramp problems in my feet (but have not reported this to my GP as yet as it has been manageable).
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: At this stage I just need to respond with confirmation that I was driving the car.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 16 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You can go to court and plead mitigation as to why you should not lose your licence though pleading an unreported medical condition that affects your driving will not help. You would not however be in a position to argue against conviction. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will repond online to confirm I was the driver.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I believe I am eligible to take a dtiving education course...i will apply 4 this. But seriously...46 in a 40mph zone?

I am afraid the speed limit is 40 therefore, 46 mph is above the speed limit. I trust this assists