james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Yeah on Thursday and my partner was stopped for speeding and

Customer Question

Yeah on Thursday and my partner was stopped for speeding and arrested They suspected his car was stolen which it wasn’t he is the full owner and registered keeper he is a trader he was since taken to the detention centre I received a phone call on early 5 o’clock Friday morning saying that the car would be released to me he took my name and address I went to the pound to pick up the vehicle and they told me that they cannot release the vehicle to me without me providing them with the logbook proof of purchase and they’re also saying that he is not the owner legal owner of the vehicle when the police investigated and they said that he was the legal owner of the vehicle what can I do to get the car back
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Lewisham London and the stop happened in Dulwich and the car went to the pound in Woolwich
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Going to the pound to pick up the vehicle and also changing my insurance over so I would be on the insurance to drive the vehicle
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Also when I first went to the police station to find out about the vehicle they told me that they couldn’t find the vehicle and then they said that it was inside impounded in that in actually inside of the police station and the policeman walked me through the garage and we found a car wasn’t there he told me to walk around the block which I did I went back to where the car had been stopped and obviously it wasn’t there and it was gone and that’s when in the morning I received a phone call to say that the car was in the pound to and I should come and pick it up and also I may have to pay £120 fee to get it out
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If you are not the registered owner of the car, then you would ned to show evidence of the owner, their permission for you to collect the car, insurance to allow you to drive the car, before the pound will release it to you once payment has been made.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.