SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I was on my way home on 22/11/2021 and I desperately needed

Customer Question

Hi I was on my way home on 22/11/2021 and I desperately needed to use a toilet, I knew I had a friend that lived close by so I stopped at his to use his facilities. When I approached his road I realized there was no parking outside his but as I say I was desperate so I pulled up as close to his as I could get and ran into his house, I used his toilet and left. I was gone no longer than a few minutes and when I got back to my car I had a ticket because I was parked on a double yellow line. When I looked at the ticket I noticed they literally put a ticket on my car within a minute of getting out. Is there anything I can do to get this ticket wavered because that's a bit unfair. Not to mention if the warden was so close to me why was I not told to just not park there. This seems very unethical and I feel this is extortion.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Location is opp LP 3 street Twyford Abby road
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: It's a penalty charge notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They only observed my vehicle from 16:05 to 16:06 before issuing the charge
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just answer.

I am a solicitor and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok

Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It just tried taking more money out of my account. I might as well just pay the fine

Thank you very much for your patience. I am sorry to hear of this. Regrettably unless you found the ticketing officer stood by your car and youmanaged to plead with them, post the effect even if it is a minute you have no legal grounds for a waiver.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to assist and to guide further. Thank you for contacting just answer, All the best.