John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

Misjudged the traffic light, stopped a bit after the line

Misjudged the traffic light, stopped a bit after the line between amber and red - think that the second picture of the camera may prove that ? Will I get fine and 3 points away from my driving license?

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi John, please let me know if you need more information. Thanks

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. From what you have mentioned, I do not see you getting a fine nor points for this. You do not get points or a fine for stopping a bit after the line. An ***** *****ght indicates a need to prepare to stop. It is only if you went through a red light, you would receive a penalty subject to a camera capturing you. As you stopped, albeit a bit over the line then there will not be any fine/points consequences.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, not sure maybe it turned red while I was passing but I’ve stopped a bit after the line
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also not sure if the second picture captures the car in a still position as they were to quick
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It was yellow when I thought I can pass and I pressed the accelerator and it probably went red when I was passing but I stopped a bit after the line
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you let me know what do you think about

Your actions do not warrant a penalty, unless you effectively have gone through a red light without stopping in which case you will be notified in due course. However, given you stopped and did not proceed it is unlikely you will receive a penalty for this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If I receive any penalty and prosecution or anything can I call one of the solicitors here to protect me in court as I will ask for appeal ?

Yes, some solicitors may assist but Just Answer is a platform that provides guidance rather than representation. If you wanted a lawyer to act for you, it would be better suited to instruct a law firm. But all means you can return here and see if a lawyer would be willing to do that for you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a good night.