ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My car had broken down and had to be rely to garage. I

Customer Question

My car had broken down and had to be rely to garage. I received a parking ticket , appealed and lost the appeal. if I appeal against a parking charge and still not happy with outcome can i elect to go to court
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Canary Wharf
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: no court date - apparently the signage was correctly displayed but the car couldn't be moved
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: exceeded maximum stay period
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm prepared to go to court as there is no way the car could be moved it had broken down. All I need to know is there likely to be court proceedings as that's what I ideally want to happen?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have garage receipts etc if required
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Having losses the appeal the next step is for the matter to proceed to court. At court you would be able to state your defence.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately it is not for you to commence proceedings. It really is for them to claim against you and them having claimed against you, for you to file a defence. The starting of the process for court is really out of your hands unfortunately.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

if they are adamant though that you are in the wrong then I would not be surprised with them issuing proceedings shortly.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
At some stage they’re like to threaten court as I do not intend to pay unless a judge awards me to pay.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

I would wait for the process to be taken to court then file a defence