GabrielP428
GabrielP428, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112518128

I'm in a bit of a dispute. I rented a van this morning. I

Hi, I'm in a bit of a dispute. I rented a van this morning. I registered and got the keys, then before getting in the van i grabbed a takeway coffee right in front, By the time I got back to the Van,it had a parking ticket Because the employee of the rental company parked it illegaly Who should pay the fine?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Hackney, London
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: Just a parking ticket was issued
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I believe that's all, thanks

Hi, my name is***** am a solicitor in England and Wales with 9 years of experience and have worked in the legal sector since 2008.

This service is not instant, so please note that I cannot always reply immediately due to other work commitments. I look forward to helping you with your legal problem.

If you would like a call to discuss this further, please let me know

A call is a premium service that includes an extra charge.

Hi, I am sorry to hear about this.

You have not driven the van at all, correct?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Correct, I started driving only after showing the employee that there was a fine.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please voi the call
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I didn't realise it's 44 pounds

The website automatically generates the call.

I will not call you if you do not wish to speak over the phone.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I do not with to speak over the phone, if I can save the £44
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Amazing thanks Gabriel
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what do you think about the fine?

You have not caused the parking offence, and therefore you will not be liable for the parking ticket.

Sorry, see the amendment above. You are not liable for the parking ticket!

It was a typographical error, sorry.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Gabriel, could you send me an email with this answer? Just so I can send it to the rental company to entourage them to take responsability

Unfortunately, I cannot send a private email on this service.

I can only write on the chat.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I understand, thanks. The rental company said they will transfer the fine to me. How should I act?

You have not committed any offence. Legally they are responsible for the ticket.

You should write to them to inform them that you have not driven the vehicle and that you will redirect the claim back to them as you have not committed any offence. You should explain that their employee parked the car and they are responsible for paying the ticket.

If you receive the ticket, you should immediately respond to advise the council that you were not the driver at the offence.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks Gabriel. Justanswer is still trying to call, is there any way to stop it?

I am sorry to hear about that. I have not accepted the phone call, so I have no control over it.

You can contact customer service. They will be able to help.

Thank you so much for your positive rating. It is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer. If you have further questions, please do feel free to ask them in this thread.