james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have been using the same road for years. The speed is a 20

I have been using the same road for years. The speed is a 20 mph zone. I have received 2 speeding fines for doing 24 and 25 mph. On the 2nd and 3 rd of may. I’m worried I could get more.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: It’s in Br1 Bromley bourough.
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve used the same road for years without a problem. I need my van for work. And my daughter has multiple scelorosis.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank youv
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Cant tss add ok on phone.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not phone

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Unfortunately, using the road for years does not remove the possibility of offences being committed.

In fact, very often people become complacent to the roads they always drive.

Each of the offences you have received would be stand alone matters and you need to reply to each of them.

Hopefully for the first they may well offer a driver awareness course to avoid a fine and 3 points.

The second is likely to be a fixed penalty fine and 3 points.

Really nothing you can do about that.

Both matters have been served within 14 days so are valid.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What worry’s me is. There was no flash telling me that I was speeding on the first time. So if I’d known I would’ve been more aware the second time. I’m worried that I’ve slightly gone over again the next couple of days.

Many modern cameras do not flash.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I do receive another 2 pcns. That takes me to 12. Its all in the same road on the same week. I need my licence for work , and to transport my daughe to doctors and shopping. And to pick grandchildren up from school sometimes

That will be very unfortunate if that happens.

If you are unfortunate to collect 12 points you can make an “ exceptional hardship “ application to the court not to loose the licence.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you suggest I respond to the 2 pcns now, or wait to see if I get another one in a couple of days. I have 28 daysto reply.

Waiting will not make any difference, so best to do so now so that you don’t forget.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.