Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

A car caused me to have an accident (did not hit me) and the

Hi, a car caused me to have an accident (did not hit me) and the police are not going to pursue the case. I am on Universal Credit....would I be entitled to legal aid to take this person to court (the police know who it is and the police took statements from witnesses.......one of the witnesses actually thought the car had hit me because the car was so close to me).
JA: The Traffic Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This happened last June, 2021 and I had extreme facial bruising and I still have a swollen cheek and a floater in my eye.....and body pains...and I cannot climb stairs easily....

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Are you based in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
England (Herne Bay)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As I mentioned.....I am on universal credit because I have been made redundant so I certainly cannot affor £44 phone calls...........
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
woops....I meant cannot 'afford'

Thanks for the further information.

It appears you have a potential personal injury claim against the driver. In view of this I recommend you consider instructing a no win no fee personal injury solicitor. The lawyer can act on your behalf with a view of bringing a compensation claim against the person.

The link below takes you to a search engine for local personal injury solicitors to assist you.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My question was actually 'would I be eligible for legal aid as I am claiming universal credit'I am well aware I could find a 'no win no fee personal injury solicitor'.
Its unlikely you will get legal aid given the existence of a no win no fee lawyer.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
you have.....so, now I have to decide whether it is worth it when the solicitors seem to get most of the compensation.....and I am the one with the most suffering.Thank you Mr Chendo.Blessings,
Laura
Your welcome and have a good day.