Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I just received a penalty letter. I, in London, Not.

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** i just received a penalty letter. I
JA: What location was this in? And have you consulted a local lawyer?
Customer: in London
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: Not. Basically i just ben catch whit 43 mph in 30 limit
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: And because is my first time i was thinking they will send me to courses insted they give me 100£ and 3 points
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok. I just attached my letter maybe will help you

I am sorry to hear about it and thank you for the letter. Unfortunately, it is entirely up to the discretion of your local police on whether or not to offer you a course. They usually do not offer these courses if one is well above the speed limits.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But if i make a contest do you think they will change the result

You would certainly incur a bigger fine and court costs, if found guilty.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Guilty i am. My problem is why they don’t send me for course because it’s my first time

I understand. Then there is nothing you can do. It is up to their discretion and because of your speed they did not make you this offer. I am sorry about it!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok. Thank you for your answers

No problem. Many thanks for using our service and feel free to get back with anything else.