Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

An employee of mine drove a borrowed car on 26/03/2022in a

Customer Question

An employee of mine drove a borrowed car on 26/03/2022in a pedestrianised zone in Hounslow, London. She was told by the car keeper's wife on Friday 10 June that a PCN notice addressed to her husband had just arrived in the post..The date of notice on the ticket is 08.04/2022 Because of the delays the £130.00 fine is not reducible to £65. The PCN states at the bottom that if the fine is not paid before 38 days of the notice, there may be an increased charge of £195. This is embarrassing for my employee because she cannot make an appeal and wonders how to approach her friend and the friend's husband. There may be a separate question of whether there was adequate signage, but I have no personal kn owledge of the area, Staveley Road J/W Great Chertsey Road
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: This is in Greater London, the London Borough of Hounslow
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: I do not kn ow what as citation is. All that has been received is the PCN itself
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, but could you tell me how your charging works?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question.Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.
Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.
Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.
When they issue the original notice the owner will say it was not them driving
They will nominate who was driving
I understand there is a pcn but a delay in the reply
The authority will then send a fresh notice to the nominated driver and they have the time period all over again
As such if they have been nominated and get a notice that period starts again. The owner should not pass the original notice to the driver but nominate them in the appropriate box
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.
I hope that my reply helps.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?
If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.
I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.
If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is the delay in their receiving the notice relevant? It seems to have taken two months from issue to arrival.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.
I would contact them to explain it has only just been received
I hope that helps