Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a speeding ticket, for going 62mph in 50mph but it’s

Customer Question

Hi I have a speeding ticket, for going 62mph in 50mph but it’s because my battery terminal cut out and had no hard shoulder to fall on due to the new failure of smart motorways, is this something I could fight?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: M4 junction 5, in London
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: no it was a fine offered
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question.Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.
Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.
Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.
I understand you have been caught speeding and want to know if you can fight it
What you have is migration - not a defence
The law is strict - you were either above the limit or you were not
If you haven’t had a speeding offence for some time they may offer you the speed awareness course
But you have mitigation and not a defence I’m afraid
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.
I hope that my reply helps.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?
If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.
I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.
If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.