JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Hope you are well Please see attached In the first video, am

hi JimHope you are wellPlease see attached
In the first video, am I suppose to have stopped although I have the right of way and the cyclist did not care, he just went fast as you can see. I read in the news sometime, someone got 3 points despite being in his lane, he should have stopped?In the 2nd one, I was turning just as the other car indicated to turn right where in most cases they go striaght but he turned right - no issue there?
Hi there, this is Jim and thanks for the question - I will review those now for you and will be back shortly.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Jim

So in video 1, the parked cars and obstructions are on their side. They seek to have passed the cars and given them a wide berth which is recommended in case of car doors being opened.

You didn't need to stop unless it was obvious there was not enough room for you and the cyclist - also the road seems wide enough for the parked cars, the cyclist and your car so no, you would not be expected to stop. There was no parked vehicles on your side either. Generally if the obstruction is on their side, they should have slowed or even stopped but he just flies downhill it seeks.

The second video is the rear facing camera and the silver 4x4 behind you. The other car comes close to you as you negotiate the roundabout. The final video is the forward facing one and it looks like both you and the other car set off around the same time to turn - they are indicating right before they approach the junction. I think if you left it any longer it wouldn't be good as they would have already been across the roundabout / committed to their turn and they would have had to have stopped to let you cross. Both you and the other car are moving through and neither has to break so it looks fine to me.

I hope this helps - I don't see an issue with either scenarios there

It was a pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answers the question.

If you have any follow up questions or if you would like me to clarify anything I have said, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Jim

Just a final note that if you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question.

I look forward to helping you again soon.

Thanks again,

Jim

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Jim much appreciated but in the news a few months a motorist got points though in his lane, cyclists were on the opposite lane
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The situatioh here is okay no careless driving on my part with regard to the cyclist? Sorry for the questions. Thanks

OK, i'm unfamiliar with that case and the facts though. As a road users the Highway Code applies to cyclists too and you will note what the code says about parked cars in your lane. You need to give way to oncoming traffic. The cyclist did not do this.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Jim muc appreciated
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Have a good evening

My pleasure, thanks again, same to you