james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

How do I get the DVLA to return my current driving licence

Customer Question

How do I get the DVLA to return my current driving licence which they have held for three months following a TIA. My GP has assured me I can now drive again
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: I LIVE IN HAMPSHIRE
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: NO NONE OF THOSE. I simply surrendered it voluntarily following a TIA
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Have you made an application for the return of your driving licence?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not know what further information you require. I have given you my phone number
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do no know how to ally to get my licence back

Sorry for the delay/

You would need to contact the DVLA and submit a D1 application fo th retune go the licence.

The attached link contains all the details required.

Should DVLA decline to return the licence, then you can appeal to the court to make a decision.

https://www.gov.uk/reapply-driving-licence-medical-condition

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.