Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I had a parking ticket on my street whilst on leave in

Customer Question

Hi I had a parking ticket on my street whilst on leave in November 21. I live and work in Dubai therfore only get my mail checked every 6 months by my daughter. Just found out I have bailif letter for £424as I forgot to pay it and did not see follow up letters can I appeal, thanks
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Barnsley
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: Don't know just got a removal notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just that I pay all fines and this was that I don't live at the property so missed correspondence
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 14 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do?

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you this afternoon. Thank you for the inquiry.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this afternoon. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. Unless you are saying you did not park where they say you parked and therefore the ticket isn’t yours you really would not have grounds to appeal. Service is done at the registered keeper address unless a named driver’s details have been provided. It is on you if you know you won’t be present to ensure there are alternative plans to ensure your post was received. That sim soon escalates so if there is no real defence to the offence and only that you have missed the letters and court notices then I would strongly recommend for you to pay and to not let it increase further.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to assist and to clarify anything. All the best.