Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Help with drive license, ub82ln UK ,no I haven’t yet, I hold

Help with drive license
JA: What location was this in? And have you consulted a local lawyer?
Customer: ub82ln UK ,no I haven’t yet
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: I hold Italian drive license but I moved to uk now and I would like advice about I ban I had on my Italian driving license 6 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to chat with someone and explain the situation
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.
What can I do for you?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello I need advice for my drive license

Go on?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I hold an Italian drive license ,passed my test in Italy , In 2017 I was banned (suspended ) for 3 months because I overcrossed alcohol limit and for this I had to pay 800£ fine and to reobtain my new drive license I had to go trough medical cometee doing blood test to prove I don’t drink

So what is your question?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I passed and they realease me a new drive license valid for 2 years , and so it was every 2 years to renew my license I had to do blood test and pass medical cometee …
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The current drive license I hold now expired last July 2021 (was valid for 2 years ) if I want to renew it in Italy I would have to do blood test again , I moved to UK now …no longer in Italy , and I want to understand if I can exchange it with an uk one …because I have no longer nothing in Italy

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

If your licences lapsed then you can't exchange it in the UK. You can renew it in Italy I suppose although I won't know the procedures there as I practise it England Wales. Or you can apply for a new licence in the UK

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I apply for an UK drive license and to test ? I want to mention my Italian drive license it’s not revoked

Yes, you can apply for a UK provisional.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Even if I already hold a eu drive license but it’s expired ?

Yes,

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did asked DVLA and they said I can’t as in the sistem will result that I already have an eu drive license ??

Yes, it will but you can apply for a provisional.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
after the provisional can I obtain the permanent one ?

yes

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
By lapsed drive license you mean expired ? If so DVLA said I can exchange it as long as I have the oroginal …I’m confused

Then that is wrong.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to be sure because I cannot afford to loose my current license

You will lose your current licence, as I have said.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you very much

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,