Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I passed my driving test about 4 years ago but i have never

I passed my driving test about 4 years ago but i have never driven. I had an epilepsy episode about 3 years ago and informed my gp but have never been given medication and i would like to start driving. I did not inform dvla as i was not driving at the time. Do i still need to inform them? Can i just buy a car and drive? What is the law?

A very good day to you there, how do you do? It is my pleasure to assist you today.

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note:

• I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

I hear what you're saying. It's totally natural that you would feel this way.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would like to start driving but not sure if i have ti contact dvla or what?

Got it! I believe have everything i need, I’ll be with you as soon as possible. It won’t be terribly long!

If they were not notified and you do not have seizures but was a random one off then there is no need to inform them.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** i want you to come back by clicking Solicitor4All should you need any further guidance. In the meantime, you can save me as a favourite for quicker connection in future. Any follow up please do not hesitate to return to us and I will be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I use to have them as a kid about 12 years old
But not had one since the last one 3 years ago

If your GP has not advised you to then you do not have to.