james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Got a letter from debt recovery plus asking me to pay a

Customer Question

Got a letter from debt recovery plus asking me to pay a parking charge
JA: What location was this in? And have you consulted a local lawyer?
Customer: Hounslow, I haven't
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've been given till 1/8/22 to pay or they might take me to court
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Chat only please
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Got a letter from debt recovery plus asking me to pay a parking charge.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I've been given till 1/8/22 to pay or they might take me to court.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
163;170 charge

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

This would mean that at sometime there would have been a parking violation issued to you by a parking company for failure to pay / incorrect parking etc.

A PCN would have been sent to you to pay. Often £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days or the full amount after that. If the PCN goes unpaid or appealed then the parking company would pass this on to debt collectors to collect payment.

They cannot force payment, but non payment to them which would now include their fees would usually result in them taking the matter to court and obtaining a CCJ county court Judgement against you and then send bailiffs to enforce collection. If the CCJ is issued it would stay on credit for for 6 years if not paid within 28 days of bing made.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think I'm on that stage now in them taking the matter to court

Then you can pay the debt collector to avoid that.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay. Thanks for your advice

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thought there was a legal means of avoiding the payment.

People often think that with private car park tickets. They often think they are nit enforceable.

But the opposite is true . What is happening to you now is indeed how they are enforced.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.