Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I was involved in a car accident in feb this year - the 3rd

Customer Question

Hi I was involved in a car accident in feb this year - the 3rd party driver jumped a red traffic light - found himself driving head on into oncoming traffic & had to take hard left to avoid head on collision & smashed into me.
JA: What location was this in? And have you consulted a local lawyer?
Customer: it was in bury st edmunds in suffolk. My insurer refused to believe my report of the accident & initially lamed me . I gave my insurer the 3rd party's name , mobile No & reg however they did not followup on any of the info . I also had an independent witness & I provided hername her reg & her mobile number & the did not followup any of detail - they continued to lame me . I would like to write into you with all the details. Is this somwthing you can help me with
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: Nobody was hurt - no police involved . However my complaint is that my insurer (privildge) did not pursue the 3rd party as they should have done - they blamed me & paid me a write off value - then the insurer of the 3rd party contacted my insurer who where delighted that they were going to get their money back - however the 3rd party insurer made me an offer to repair my car for free & give me a hire car for free, however my insurer would not accept the offer.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Cant think of anything else. But if i am contacted I can give them any detail they need - at the time of the accident i was contacted y the 3rd party & his wife who were extremely apologetic & I am sure they would support my claim if they were asked - I have also spoken again with the independent witness who does not object to repeating her observation of the accident
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Why did your insurer decline payment for your vehicle repairs from the third party?

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 13 days ago.

In the absence of further information I suggest you consider instructing a local solicitor using the link below which takes you to a search engine for local solicitors.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

You can also find a solicitor using the link below which takes you to a price comparison site for lawyers.

https://www.thelawsuperstore.co.uk/

I hope I have clarified the position.