james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I got 6 points in driving in uk, No Invalid insurance

Customer Question

I got 6 points in driving in uk
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: No Invalid insurance document and license
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was having insurance but my year of birth was wrong in that and I was having international license and provisional license So they told my international license is invalid if i have provisional so they took my car and charged 6 points in my license
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I remove points?

penalty points on a licence remain for 4 years but only count t=fro the first 3 years. After 4 years the points can be removed.

When did you enter the UK

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
28 September 2021
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was holding international license as well as I was having insurance as well but in the insurance my year of birth was wrong
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is this affects when I apply for UK driving license? ILR?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you there?

OK, the licence was not a problem. As long as the international licence was still I=valid and you had not been in the UK more than a year then you can have an international licence and the provisional licence.

The main issue here was no valid insurance that carries 6 points automatically.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.