Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My pcn and pcn final reminder went to my old address still

Customer Question

My pcn and pcn final reminder went to my old address still on my v5 logbook. Now I have to pay £170 for 19 min parking where I didn’t register my plate because my son was poorly and I did t stay at the restaurant
JA: What location was this in? And have you consulted a local lawyer?
Customer: West Sussex and no I haven’t
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: It was passed to legal recoveries
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don’t think so
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Sometimes I will get back to you very quickly, other times it's going to be longer and possibly hours or overnight

Please bear in mind that it takes me time to type answers and I also have clients and sometimes have to attend court so I may not get back to you immediately.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Who is the issuer?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Bwlegal
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Specialists in legal recoveries
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Originally was Britannia parking
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s a parking where we put our registration when we go to the restaurant and I forgot because I left, stayed there 19 min
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.
Are you asking if you are liable?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Im asking if I can appeal after the appealing estime expired based on the fact that I didn’t get the letters
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It was my fault because I didn’t change the v5 logbook only the driving license
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Forest notice was on 21.4.22
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Second on 9.may.22
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Then bwlegal got involved and found me with my driving license
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

I presume they don't have a CCJ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Im sorry, what is CCJ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

A county court judgment.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is all I got
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

This is a private land fine. There isn’t much point in using their appeals structure. POPLA rarely decide in the favour of the motorist.

They don’t decide whether you will pay anyway. They can only enforce this if they get a CCJ anyway so if you want to fight this, do so at the small claims court.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer, and of course me, with your legal problem.

If you would like to reconnect with me at a later date, simply add me as a favourite expert and you can then tag me in a question by typing @JoC

Thanks again,