Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have just been sent a letter from West Yorkshire police

Customer Question

Hi there, I have just been sent a letter from West Yorkshire police regarding speeding fine. The letter states that the offences I'm being charged with failure to give information relating to the identification of the driver of a vehicle when required and exceeding temporary 30 mph speed restriction. This is the first letter I have received regarding information on the speeding fine so I have not been able to identify the driver as myself. The letter states that if I am found guilty of the first offence I can receive 6 points on my licence. I am technically guilty of this offence as I haven't identify the driver, but my mitigating circumstance is that I haven't received any information about the speeding fine prior to this letter. Do I select guilty I do not wish to attend court, guilty I wish to attend court or not guilty send me a hearing date for hearing trial. I am going to select guilty for the speeding fine itself, I just need clarification on the first charge. Thanks, Ryan
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what location this is in?
Customer: Bradford
JA: Was a citation issued? Was a court date set?
Customer: A court date has not been set, where can I find the citation number?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 5 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

My name is ***** ***** law expert with over 15years practice. Thank you for the enquiry.

Before I can provide you advice on your question, there are a few things to note: I will endeavour to respond to your enquiry very quickly, but if you do not receive my response immediately, do not worry I will not have forgotten, I would either be reviewing your question fully or it could be a technical delay on my end. Please know that I will be with you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I hear what you're saying. It's totally natural that you would feel this way. Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can I get a response

Got it! I believe have everything i need, I’ll be with you as soon as possible. It won’t be terribly long!

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your patience. Plead guilty and attending court because if you were notified you should at worst get 3 points for the speeding only,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, I am always glad to clarify and to assist further if needed. I am Solicitor4All and you can save me on your favourites for quick connection

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

You are welcome