Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

My mini is having difficulty getting into first and reverse.

Customer Question

My mini is having difficulty getting into first and reverse. It makes a crunching noise. Also the car shudders in low gears. The exhaust may be lose. If you put the gear in second first, it goes into first without making the noise. If you do this and go into reverse, it still crunches but more quietly. thank you.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Your clutch is the cause of both concerns.

The transmission needs to come out to assess the clutch condition.

Normally at this point, a full clutch kit would be fitted if the flywheel is serviceable.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Gary