Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2007 2.2 crtd cdx7. I have a jolt under slow speed breaking

Customer Question

2007 2.2 crtd cdx7. I have a jolt under slow speed breaking & acceleration i.e. approaching traffic light s & pulling away from speed humps. Under light acceleration there is a delay before the power kicks in. Mostly happens in 1st & 2nd gear. No issues with moderate/hard acceleration or motorway driving
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I'd begin by checking for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

if this is OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly