Pete
Pete, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

We have lost drive on isuzu easyshift torque converter oil

Customer Question

we
have lost drive on isuzu easyshift torque converter oil level appears to have risen and when gearshift is engaged there is a momentory knock from back end of gearbox but we have no drive. PTO is also inoperative
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the fluid level has risen this may be an issue with the transmission fluid pump failing.I have seen the fluid pump fail in the past before and causes this issue here needing replaced.This may also be related to the knock noise or the input shaft is broken in the transmission causing all of these issues here.

The transmission/gearbox will have to be checked into further to locate which component is found to be at fault.Then from there it can be determined on what needs to be repaired or replaced.This may involve removing the gear box for full internal inspection for any damaged or broken components needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not used your service before but expected a mechanic/fitter with knowledge of the specific vehicle to give a reply with known faults of the vehicle ie. faults which are common to the vehicle.
Your answer, although correct does not give me any knowledge that I did not already know, I have my own company mechanic who is experienced but not specifically with the vehicle concerned.
£20 not good value to us but we did give it a try!
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

I apologize if my info here didnt help.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete