CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have a DAF LF45 AS Tronic gearbox. Today in the part of

Customer Question

Hi. I have a DAF LF45 AS Tronic gearbox. Today in the part of the display that shows what gear I am in a symbol has come up - a small circle surrounded by small square brackets. At the same time, the gearbox is changing from 6th to 4th without going through 5th when I am going downhill resulting in a lot of revving as it shouldn't be in 4th. Any ideas welcome as I can't find anything in the manual. Thank.s
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: It's not a car. It's a DAF LF45 which is a 7.5 ton lorry. It's done 150,000 miles
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: DAF LF45 2011/12. It is not a car!
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i would like to help you. Do you still need help? If so, couldnyou send me please a picture of the indicator you have and what are last maintenances byoubhave done to your car?

Thanks in advance.