TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

The message says...cannot access digital servicesAerial is

The message says...cannot access digital services
Aerial is OK as TV in another room is working

Model 26LD555OU A

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Try this

Turn on your TV, press menu 4275, scroll down to FACTORY Reset and press enter.

That resets most Hitachi TV models. Then do a full autoscan. Let me know the results by replying back to me.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have turned the TV on...pressed menu..digital menu, on the blue screen I pressed 4275, but the number was not accepted and nothing happened?

Ok, let's access the TV's menu, find the Icon with the wrench and screwdriver, highlight it and enter.

Go to the bottom of the list and you'll find "Reset TV setting" select it and the TV should turn off after you select Yes.

This is going to clear out all the old channel settings and let you do a complete rescan of all digital channels along with any other changes you have made will be reset. The TV will then scan the entire channel spectrum and lock in your channels.

Once completed, see if the TV channels now show up on your TV screen.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please confirm which button will access the TV menu.

I have been unable to get any menu on screen.

You see the Analog Menu button ?

That's where you should find your RESET. If the Analog menu doesn't activate, press the TV/DVB-T button because it switches between the analog and digital tuning on your TV set. Once you do that, you need to do the intial setup of the TV set again.

See picture for guiding you to the setting --

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

After much button pressing I managed to follow your instructions to reset etc. However this can only be accomplished on the analogue menu and inspite of the re-scan of course there is nothing at the end of the process.

I still cannot get anything on the digital menu but a blank screen and the message 'error cannot access digital services'.

Sounds like your Digital tuner is totally defective then.

Main board is on Ebay, but not in supply at Major part suppliers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Main-AV-CMH140B-DB1D0-90311A-Part-for-Hitachi-26LD5550U-TV-From-the247enigma-/140981621643?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Boards_Parts&hash=item20d328d38b#ht_2350wt_1144

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CMH140B-5-1789F4370278-HITACHI-26LD5550U-MAIN-BOARD-/271220762247?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_TV_Boards_Parts&hash=item3f26046687#ht_684wt_1144

That's the only boards I could find for you. I'm beginning to suspect this model has a few years on it.

TV Tech1, Technician
Experience: 30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Although out of guarantee the TV is only a few years old. It belongs to a 93 year old relative whose deteriorating eyesight meant she wanted/needed a large screen.

Thank you for trying anyway, at least we now know that the matter cannot be resolved by finding the correct order to push the buttons in.

Yes, this is definitely not just resetting, and clearing out the Tuner's stored channels and the data supplied by the TV station. Resetting the TV in the Analog menu does clear out ALL stored data and let's you rebuild a new set of data, even with the digital tuner.

However, if your digital tuner does not respond well to the reset, then it's really a problem where we have to replace the tuner/main board assembly.

One thing to take into consideration is that buying a larger screen size for less than you paid for the 26 inch size...that is now an option to consider concerning her eyesight. A larger screen will help with focus, but if her eyesight issues are related to brightness/darkness sensitivity, a larger screen won't help.

Something to consider.

I do hope you find something to fit your needs.

Hello there,

I completely agree with my colleague but just to make sure, is it possible that you can temporarily move the working TV from the other room (hoping it's smaller or vice versa) to this location and connect it to the same antenna cable?

This will confirm that the problem is with the tuner rather than the aerial cable/connections servicing this location.