Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung ue32f5000 tv and I cannot get a picture, all

I have a Samsung ue32f5000 tv and I cannot get a picture, all was working fine last night but now there is no picture. There is sound. Please help
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV. I want to let you know that providing you with the best possible assistance I can is my main priority, and my livelihood depends on your feedback.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
If you press MENU on the TV when the problem is occurring, does the MENU display normally on the screen?
Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Aric
I have had the tv since mid November 2013, so only a few months. The problem started 2 hours ago and was fine when I turned it off last night.
I have an Apple TV and Playstaion 4 connected, the issue occurs no matter which of these devices are connected and have also tried changing the hdmi cables.
When I press the menu button nothing displays on screen.
Thank you for the reply Jeff.

This problem can be caused by one of two things, and the latter will require Warranty Service to fix the issue.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and let me know if there are any signs of life at all on the TV. Please reply back and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Aric
I have carried out the rest as instructed but still no picture. Pressing menu on the remote still does not bring up any information either.
I'm sorry to hear that Jeff, and unfortunately this relatively brand new TV will require warranty service as the set has an internal fault that is causing the issue. Specifically the internal power supply board, or possibly the Mainboard are causing the issue and would require component replacement for the TV to function as it did. I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for and I wish I had better news.
I would suggest contacting Samsung's Warranty Support at the link below to set up a Service Tag to have the set repaired:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/warrantyInformation.do?page=POLICY.WARRANTY

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Aric for your help.
Have a good day.