Netman70, Network Administrator
Experience:  I work as a Network administrator, Supporting all computer systems

Had a Samsung UE40F8000 installed this morning, mostly working

Customer Question

Had a Samsung UE40F8000 installed this morning, mostly working fine. I am unable to create a Samsung Account via the screen. When I select 'Create Samsung Account' the screen goes black and nothing happens. I then select Hub to get back to where I started.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Category: TV
Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you connected to your wireless internet with the samsung?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am, Scott

Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.
Are you pressing the enter button button to select 'Create Samsung Account' ? (It has an arrow pointing to the left on the button)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am

Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.

Did you go here and create a samsung account---

Then after you create an account look here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Scott

I created an account on the uk website and I can log back into that OK using the user name and password. However, that user name and password XXXXX not work on the US website which is your URL.....?

Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.

I see well if you already have a account no need to create another one, did you check the second link I sent you and try the steps on that page?

Starting with #2

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for this, Scott This is where I got to:

1. Create an account on - done and I confirm I can log back into it.

2. Connect your Samsung TV to the internet - done and I confirm the connection is working properly.

3. Activate your product - guide says: '... you'll need to activate it before you can download apps. To do this, access the Smart Hub and login with your Smart TV ID. If you haven't set up a Smart TV ID yet, you can do this now'.

Creating a Smart TV ID

- Press the [A] Button on your remote - I am taking this to be the red button marked 'A' on the towards the bottom on the remote on the LHS. THERE IS NO RESPONSE TO THIS BUTTON BEING PRESSED.

If I then access 'Create Account' via the menu and press Enter I am back where I started when we began this conversation.....

Any other ideas, please?

Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.

You already have an account so you just need to login on your tv

Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.

go to menu, smart features, Samsung account and see if you can login.

Expert:  Netman70 replied 3 years ago.
Also try going to menu, Support, Software Update and make sure you tv is up to date