Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Model UE37ES6300; picture has grown so its slightly larger

Model UE37ES6300; picture has 'grown' so it's slightly larger than the screen. Consequently we have lost sub-titles ans sur-titles like score displays for football matches and time elapsed when fast forwarding. Guess this happened through pressing an incorrect button on the remote but I can't manage to reverse the process. Can you help?
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Is this TV connected to any satellite receiver for channel signals?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - a Sky+ box (and satellite dish)

Thanks for the info.

Does Sky+ remote has a button labeled as Zoom, Wide, Format, Aspect, Size, HDzoom, Ratio etc?
What happens if you press that button a few times?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - none of the above; apart from the numbers 1 to 9 (and 0) and the 4 coloured buttons we have text, back-up, help, tv guide, box office, services and interactive also, of course volume. channel, select and compass buttons

OK, were you suing Sky+ remote when picture became over size?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know - didn't notice the change at first, only when trying to fast forward. But it's probable that we were using the sky remote as this is normal usage for us.

OK, can you please check, does TV display normal picture if playback DVD disc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We don't have a DVD connection

OK, have you tried to unplug TV and Sky+ box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not tried this - I'll go and do it now.

Sure, please reply back how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When going through the sky+ box there is no change but on terrestrial only (TV setting on samsung remote) the picture seems to be normal

OK, please pick TV remote, select Sky+ box source in TV and press P-SIZE button on TV remote a few times to see if you get correct size picture in TV screen.
If this doesn't help then the problem is coming from Sky+ box and need to call Sky+ service provider to get in settings menu to adjust picture size within Sky+ box.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Success! Many thanks for your help

Excellent Geoffrey,
Glad to know that problem is resolved.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, click on smiley face icon then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.