Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

tv onics top box -turning on and off continually.

tv onics top box has started turning itself on and off continually.it is 5 yrs old-no problems before.

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on top box?
- Have you tried another video source (DVD player etc) to the TV to confirm the TV picture and sound has no problem with it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

numbers are tv XXXXXXXXXX and it is tvonics dtrz250.l have no other device attached to the tv at present.

Thanks Veronica for the info.

So TV stays On and has no problem, its just top box that turns On and Off, is this correct?
- Have you tried to unplug top box power cord for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,have tried that-in the meantime i have watched a taped programme and it stayed on so am going to turn it off overnight and see what happens.need to be up early so will be going to bed now.may i contact you tomorrow if it starts doing it again?

Sure, please bookmark this page to reply how it goes and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.