Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a toshiba tv that has a dongle connected to it

Customer Question

I have a toshiba tv that has a dongle connected to it so I can recieve I player but for some reason I have lost all the functions of the dongle.I have put in the same settings to re-instate it but it keeps coming up that the authencation and encription is wrong it worked ok before on these settings and my broadband has not changed have you got any idea what the problem could be THANKS
Category: TV
Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 5 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you know how to log in your modem/router device in order to confirm the wi-fi/wireless settings?

Do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

BT infinity I HAVE LOGGED IN AND PUT THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS IN WHICH WORKED ORIGINALLY.i HAVE A WINDOWS

How did you you log in the modem / router? Can you log in the modem/router's website/address on your windows computer right now, and look at its settings?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I used the numbers on the modem as I said it previously worked but now it keeps saying encription is wrong

Can I connect remotely to your windows computer, so I can confirm the modem's encryption directly through your computer together with you?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for trying to help me with my problem but after consulting with my wife we have decided to buy a new smart television and also change our internet provider therefore would you please refund any money you may have taken from my account many thanks!

I'm sorry; I could have fixed your old TV. OK, We're canceling this per your request. If you need anything else, please come back any time as you wish. Thank you.