How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 46719
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now

I have ue40h6700 TV - can I connect HiFi system via Phono

This answer was rated:

I have ue40h6700 TV - can I connect HiFi system via Phono l/r plugs?
Hello, Your TV does not use RCA red and whites for the audio out.
It instead uses the HDMI port labeled "ARC" which is the Audio Return Channel.
In order to connect the TV to a HiFi system, you need a converter that connects with an HDMI cable to the TV's ARC port, and you will then run RCA cables from the Hi Fi to the converter- which is at the link below:
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as we are all independent Techs and that is how we're credited.
Aric and other TV Specialists are ready to help you