hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii

I have inherited a TV, and a DVD recorder, both of which are

Customer Question

I have inherited a TV, and a DVD recorder, both of which are quite old now, but did work fine for the previous owner, which I'm trying to connect, via my Humax Foxsat HD Box. I do not have an aerial, but have a satellite dish that works OK.
I can receive TV signals from the Humax box, connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, but I'm unable to link up the DVD Player / Recorder, I've tried using a Scart cable but so far with no luck, can you advise me how I can do this please?
Thank You in anticipation.
The equipment is as follows;
TV; Sony Bravia Model; KDL-32U2000
DVD; Sony Model; RDR-HXD870 (160gb model)
Sat Box; Humax Foxsat HD
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.

Your DVD player also has HDMI can I recommend that you use that to the connect to the TV?

Use the top SCART plug to connect that to your Foxsat HD box's VCR SCART so you can record the signal if needs be.