info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience

my samsung le40d503f7w40" has problem the screen has turned

my samsung le40d503f7w40" has problem the screen has turned upside can i fix this.

Have you done any work on the set like replaced a board in the set BEFORE this happened?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Antony.i haven't touched the tv at all. the problem arose when i tried connecting lead to the set to play programs off the pc.thats when things went wrong with the set.

OK please do this with the set in standby mode OFF, press INFO>>MENU>>MUTE>>Power ON the set should come on with a service menu, navigate to option 12 or 13 "reset" enter here and OK the set may switch off or reboot, let me know that

a The process was successful
b Is the problem resolved or not

Thanks let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried this several times but nothing happens the panel seems to be locked on options.and im unable to access this to.

Did you actually get into service mode?this will be multiple characters on the display

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the panel comes on but seems to be frozen on options.can't get it to respond

Please try again, the set MUST be off in standby mode red light lit then press these buttons in sequence within 6 seconds INFO>>>MENU>>MUTE theset should come on in service mode

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After several times trying i finally got the set working many thanks Anthony.

Thats great news! one word of warning don't do the same thing again, what happened was you corrupted the firmware, usually that flatlines the set you have got away with that....

Many Thanks