LongTermTech
13568747
TV

The on/off button at the side of my Toshiba Regza is not

The on/off button at the... Show More

The on/off button at the side of my 5-year old Toshiba Regza is not working. We have to turn it off at the mains. Please advise Thanks. Barbara

Show Less
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Either the switch/button is itself broken, or else the signal from it is being ignored.

To tell which - an important distinction, since one means replacing a switch, the other means extensive work and/or replacements - you should try other controls, when the turning-Off doesn't work, to see if other controls still work.

- if other controls and functions work, then you probably just have a defective On/Off button, and that needs replacing.

- if other controls and functions (any or all) do *not* work, then you most likely have some severe circuitry and/or power problems in the TV's circuitry, and you will need some extensive servicing of the TV.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I forgot to mention that ,when the TVC has been in 'standby' for a time, we cannot turn on the TV with a handset. We've checked the batteries etc. Again, we have to turn the TV off at the mains and start again. is having an adverse effect on my recorder.