Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Technician
Experience:  Many years experience with all TV and surround/hi-end audio systems setup and troubleshooting.
25267123

My 2 year old Panasonic smart tv has stopped being able to

My 2 year old Panasonic smart tv has stopped being able to play music or show my pictures from pc. Has been ok from new.
Model Number of the TV please? Also, how is the PC connected to the TV- using what type of cable? Do other sources (Cable, DVD, etc.) display on the TV as they should?
Do you need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both Panasonic tv's TX-L37V20B & TX-L47W50B connected to modem / router by ethernet cables. Up untill two weeks ago NO problems !!!
Your PC has no physical connection to the TV- is that what you're saying?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***********
I don't use the phone call feature- and the site charges you more for that. If you wish to proceed simply reply back here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both tv's find the internet no problem , they both play the pictures from memery stick plugged in but NOT from ethernet cable, it says can not read file !!
Where are these files located that the TVs "can't read"?? Unplug both TVs from power as well as your router / modem for a few minutes then also restart your computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, the files are in WMP on i7 HP Envy Desktop wired to a D-Link 3780 Modem/Router which is ethernet connected to Tv's.
The 47" Tv will be 2 years old come January and 37" 4 years old. Both HAVE been playing the music and pictures. Have had the modem/router 2 weeks !!!
Tim.
So there is no WiFi involved at all everything is directly connected by Ethernet? It worked with your old modem/router but not with the new one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike , You are correct in saying that. I have just connected old router via ethernet and still will not play music or display pictures. Under music it will find the album, then the track it gives the track time but on pressing ok----nothing. In pictures it finds the the date of picture, it finds the picture name then press ok---then it display cannot play file. I just put some music tracks and photo's off pc onto memory stick, plugged into tv and it finds and plays straight away !!!!
G0 here and follow directions to completely reset the TVs: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/howto/how_to_reset_your_panasonic_viera_howto.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike Page will not open.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjW8J61y6TJAhWHmh4KHYr4DVgQFggdMAA&url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.panasonic.com%2Ftelevision%2Fhowto%2Fhow_to_reset_your_panasonic_viera_howto.html&usg=AFQjCNEB9AOLQeYnjIEGV1mWoci-PuyhcQ&sig2=Ugyqw40eZ75egJ0TaOHWHw
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike
Well my Panasonic TX-L47W50B Tv has not got a volume button on rear ! So it looked to me as Panasonic howto was basically a shipping reset. So that is what i have done. Still the same i'm afraid. One thing i have noticed is, in music mode a track marked WMA says cannot read file, where as a MP3 track does not say anything. Neither types gives track times !!
The mystery continues.
Tim
OK sorry I use JRiver Media Center I know that is not the answer you want but you might download the trial just to see... you just tell it where your files are located and turn on the DNLA features it won't affect your current system and it is far more advanced.
Mike the Mac Medic, Technician
Experience: Many years experience with all TV and surround/hi-end audio systems setup and troubleshooting.
FYI http://www.extremetech.com/computing/204903-microsoft-kills-off-windows-media-center-for-windows-10