Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

There, I have a TX-P50G30B which is about 3 years old which

Hi there, I have a TX-P50G30B which is about 3 years old which I've recently had issues with. To start with, what I assume to be the cooling fan behind the top right corner of the screen has become audible, whirring every few seconds, then the TV will switch off within a few minutes and the red light in the centre console will continue to blink at intervals before finally turning off fully. The fan/turning off both began at the same time so I assume are linked. Can you help?
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jack. I've seen your message, thanks
Hello , From your description you either need to pull out the back cover to clean up the fans or replace it /them Did you have in mind to look into this yourself ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jack. How will dirty fans cause the TV to turn off?I may look at this myself, depending on the complexity
Those fans are monitored by the main board and if the rpm is below par or do not turn then the main board triggers a protect mode
If you can see the fans from the top opening then you could try to blow some compressed air in there but the best is to remove the back cover and vacuum the inside then make sure the fans spin freely with your finger
Note that they may also need to be replaced , those fans do get worn out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jack, it's not happened again and I'll keep and eye on it.