*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.

My hearing is failing and I wish to use wireless headphones

Customer Question

My hearing is failing and I wish to use wireless headphones on my Sony TV. How to I stop the TV speakers 'muting' on plug in of the transmitter?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Model Number off the back of the TV please? Also, what Make and Model Headphones are you using? The reason I ask is the headphone jack on the TV will MUTE the speakers- there is no way around that, so we need to find an alternative method to connect them. Let me know and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I did not see that you had another question open previously. I will opt out. Please reply back to your original question.
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Follow these steps on your tv menu please>To be able to output sound through headphones and the TV speakers at the same time follow the steps below:
Connect the headphone transmitter to the headphone jack on your TV.
Press the HOME button on the tv menu.
Select SOUND Settings.
Select TV Speakers On.