Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

I have a 24" hitachi smart tv in my bedroom. I also bought

Hi I have a 24" hitachi smart tv in my bedroom. I also bought the dongle from Argos which it said you required. I have attached the dongle and searched for wireless networks and my by network came up, so I chose it and entered the password, but the tv thinks about it for a few minutes then nothing happens. It doesn't give you a message, it just goes back to asking for the password. What am I doing wrong, as I have tried over and over again now!! Please help!! Thanks
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the make and model of your wifi router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, its a BT Home Hub 2.0
Can you remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket)
Then on the back of the Hub, you have a reset button. You may need to use a paperclip and with it powered on, push in the reset button for 10 seconds then release.
Then wait 5 minutes, and power on the TV and try to connect to your wireless network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've done that and now it doesn't give me any networks to choose from. It doesn't show the yellow button to press to search for wireless networks.
ok, disconnect the dongle, then connect it again and tell me if it now does please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to reset the Hub again or just remove the dongle?
just remove the dongle please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its just the same. No networks to choose.
It is the Dongle that is faulty, we have ruled out all other causes for this. It is plug and play but there can be issues with other items such as the router but we have ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the dongle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks. I will get it back to the retailer and ask for a replacement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have been for a replacement dongle today and have tried it and it doesn't work either! Do you have any other solutions, could it be the tv which is faulty?
ok, that will then only leave the TV's dongle port as faulty, if the replacement dongle also does not work.
To be sure, you get the exact symptoms correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what you mean? Is the TV's dongle port where you put the usb. There are 2 of these and I have tried both of them.
thats correct, but they go to one controller and its this that would be at fault.
Is the TV still under warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just checked, I got it in August from Argos. I have been using it just for tv and that works fine. It's only in the last couple of weeks I've been trying to use the dongle!
ok, I am wondering then if you actually have the right Dongle..
Which dongle do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its the one from Argos which they say you need. The packet says its a Veezy200!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes that's it
ok, its not compatible with all TV's and they do not have a compatibility list, so its either this or a fault with the TV.
You also have a network connection port on your TV correct? For a network cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes an internet portal
ok, I think your best to get this device.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004INVKP4&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=075ARM2RZV9MTHPBKD4S
It allows you to run an internet connection over your electricity cables.
Basically where your main router is you plug a network cable from that into one of these devices, then the device into a power socket.
Then where the TV is, you connect the other device to a power socket there, and a network cable from the device into the TV.
It is like running a network cable direct to the TV and will give you a more stable connection then wireless.There is also no special setup that is needed.
If your able to return the TV and have it replaced, I would look at doing this, in order to confirm if compatibility is the issue, and if so, then these devices will allow you to get internet to the TV easily.