Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Cant remember the code for our 42" toshiba regza

Cant remember the code for our 42" toshiba regza tv.Therefore cant access its freeview tv function. How can i reset the code? Thanks

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies
Also ,Could you please give me the tv`s model number written on the back cover ?

That number you gave us is probably the remote control , not the tv

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it asking for a 4 digits password ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to securely connect? It's not a smart TV.

O.k then offhand I will have you try something that works on this side of the ocean ;

Look on the TV's remote for a button called RECALL , hit that button 4 (or 5) times within 5 secs and it will ask you to set your own password ***** enter 0000 and use that to go in the menu to turn off the parental lock

Let me know how that goes

By the way , the default password ***** ***** if you never set one before so try that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have a return button no recall

This is straight from your TV's manual

Did you see what I typed above ?

Try 0000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm inputting 0000 in the parental lock but no luck.

I`m quoting the manual here

Did you or anyone set a password ?

Who turned on the locks ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 4 digit pass code was set years ago before we moved house. Can't remember it now. Was hoping I could just reset.

Just saw that you said " Cant remember the code " , this means that a code /password ***** been set

Give me a few minutes please

Got it , use the master password *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now can we activate the free view TV option?

Now go in the menu SETUP >>> PARENTAL to turn that off

Can`t see why not now about the freeview

Great , If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great Jack. Many thanks.
Top job. Chris

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.