Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have recently bought a Panasonic Viera TX65DX902B however

Customer Question

HelloI have recently bought a Panasonic Viera TX65DX902B however I have had issues connecting it too my Samsung HT-F5550 home cinema system. They are both ARC compatible, I had it connected to my previous TV which was a Samsung and it was as simple as connecting the HDMI and everything worked. With the Viera this did not happen. I tried resetting the viera back to shipping mode with the cinema system connected to the TV prior, which seemed to sort the issue and sound was now coming from the cinema system. However once I switched off the cinema system, when I switched it back on, no more sound. If the solution would be to just always leave the cinema system running I would have no problem with that, however ran shipping mode again, sound was working, this time I switched the TV on and off and again back to no sound. For some reason when either one is switched on and off it cant retain the audio. I have tried different HDMI cables but problem persists. The cinema system is definitely connected and working as it recognises in the sound mode that their is a home cinema system. I have also tried RCA cables but didn't work, wouldn't be a solution anyway if it did, due to the sound quality compared to HDMI, same reason I'm reluctant to use an optical cable.Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

When the sound is not working, what does the TV show as the speaker selected in the settings?