Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

SONY BRAVIA KDL37W5500 PIXELATING CHANNEL 102.SIGNAL CHECKED

Customer Question

SONY BRAVIA KDL37W5500 PIXELATING CHANNEL 102.SIGNAL CHECKED BY ENGINEER AND IS STRONG
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Could the problem be a fault in the T.V. satellite dish has been checked
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

If your picture is pixleated, it means that your box isn’t getting a decent quality signal. Possible causes:

• Dish out of alignment: Could the dish have been knocked or blown out of alignment? A satellite installer can help check and fix alignment problems
  • Something blocking the signal: The dish needs a clear line-of-sight to the satellite – trees, scaffolding, buildings, walls blocking the path to the satellite cause interference
  • Weather: Heavy rain ican be a problem. If high winds cause problems, that could indicate that the dish is not securely fixed.
  • Cabling: Check that the cable from the dish to the back of your satellite receiver is undamaged, and the feed is securely connected
  • Problem with the LNB - check the connectors, check the cables, reboot the box.

You mentioned that you are getting a strong signal, however pay close attention to “Signal Quality” as well – Below 50%, and you’ll have problems, which points to one of the causes listed above.

-------------------------

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------