Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I am trying to install a sound bar to my digi home 43287DFP

Hi I am trying to install a sound bar to my digi home 43287DFP through aux (red and white jack plugs) aux cable. All plugged in and turned on but can't find aux sound output in TV menu...
Can you help

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This tv does not have an auxiliary output. Those red/white ports you are using are inputs, not outputs.

You could use a stereo to minijack (3.5mm) adapter and connect to the headphone port, but that will only work for internal sources (aerial), if you are inputting a hdmi device to the tv, it won't work.

What you should do instead here is use the optical (digital audio out) port on the back of the tv, with a fiber optic cable, and connect that to your soundbar:

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay was waiting for the optical cable to arrive. It came today - doesn't fit the optical socket on my TV far too big. I bought the one from your link.....
I'll have to find one that does fit.....
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry about previous reply. Was being a bit thick and not taking guards off ends of cable.
Working now but quality is a bit strange....
Have to put TV on mute to get reasonable sound out of bar. This means I ends up with two remotes (three with fire stick!) one for sound and one for changing channels.
Is there any way around this?

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it is working for you,

You should not have to mute the tv, but it is normal to do so, as you don't want them conflicting with each other. You should have an option in the tv menu to disable the tv speakers entirely. That doesn't necessarily help the remote situation, but you don't have to mute it all the time at least.