Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a samsung hw-ms650 soundbar which does not recognise

I have a samsung hw-ms650 soundbar which does not recognise my lg 42la620v tv via hdmi lead. Are they not compatible..??

Hi Jim,

Yes the Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar is compatible with the LG 42LA620V when connected via the optical audio output connection on the rear of the TV.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete thank you. Just to confirm. My HDMI lead between the 2 units will not work the soundbar. An optical digital cable between the 2 units will work the soundbar.

Hi Jim, no a HDMI lead will not work because the TV does not have a HDMI Output - the HDMI connections on the TV will only let you input a signal to the TV, they will not output an audio signal.