info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Samsung UE40D7000 has two problems that seem to have

My Samsung UE40D7000 has two problems that seem to have appeared since I started streaming from an Amazon Fire stick:
1) Sometimes the TV will make a strange (almost musical) sound high/low/high/low and turn itself off and then back on again. It goes straight back to the programme being streamed and I just have to press "play" though I do miss a few seconds. Last night this happened twice in about 2.5hrs streaming. The previous night it didn't happen at all in about the same period.
2) The TV has started turning itself on from standby unexpectedly. Last night whilst we were preparing for bed and then again shortly after we'd gone to sleep. Sometimes it has happened during the day but usually at night.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please note that this question is about my Samsung UE40D7000 TELEVISION not an android device. The major problem is the musical noise/switching off/switching back on when streaming (often from an Amazon Fire Stick).

Welcome

Please make sure the system software/ firmware is upto date and make sure the set is set to receive auto-updates of system software/firmware in the settings menu,let me know about this first please

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Anthony,Sorry for the delay but I was not in when your query arrived last night.
I have checked the software level and it is up-to-date. I can't see that the TV has an option for auto-updating.Thanks,Keith

Samsungs do make an audible musical sound (if set that way)when the set switches on and off,now the set you say has been switching itself ON from standby has this happened also since streaming?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the switching on from standby has happened since I started streaming using the Amazon Fire Stick.
The set does not usually make a sound when turning on.
The sound we get is several different notes lasting 10 seconds or so and we can still see the streamed program whilst the "music" plays.

Yes it looks like the intro melody is enabled that may have happened because of the issue, you are sure the firmware is up to date?because if it is then the main-board may need to be replaced how old is the set please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The set is 6 years old. Is it worth disabling the "intro melody" and seeing what happens?

No that has enabled BECAUSE of the issue what you can do is reset the TV back to factory default there will be a setting for that in the tools or settings menu factory or shipping reset,let me know the results

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK. I'll do that tomorrow and get back to you.

OK that should reset the firmware let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've done the factory reset. I will stream from the Fire Stick this evening for 2 or 3 hours and let you know what happens.

OK great let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bad news. The TV switched off and on in the same way about 45 minutes after starting streaming.

The main-board will need to be replaced.

If you think you can do this yourself please let me know I will provide all the relevant info for you to do that.

I am assuming you have no warranty with the set and the set is over 18 months old

Sorry its nothing easier we have closed down everything here,

Let me know

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. What would be the sort of cost for a main board? Is it just a question of plugging parts in or would soldering be required?

Some sets 12 months to 2 years its hard to get hold of a board (boards are pulled from scrap screen damaged sets) as they have not come through, however if one is available the the cost of the board will be around $100.

Its just a plug in board no soldering very easy to do

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK. Thanks for the info. I'll think about the board upgrade if the problems get worse.
I'll "rate" you now so you get paid.
Thanks for all the help.
Keith Shaw

OK the question is open for 30 days you can come back here if you want to go ahead with that you will need more information

Thanks for the rating

Anthony