Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Every time we have to turn off our TV, it won't start again

Customer Question

Every time we have to turn off our TV, it won't start again for 5 days> We have powered down before unplugging as advised but it still is in sleep mode (or similar)?? Help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced technician. We are now connected together on this convenient but independent website where I am able to help you.

To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here with Hello...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, we have nothing connected directly to the TV...the model number is *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK - Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are no light indicators lit that show the TV is on even though it is plugged in?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What we don't understand is that every time you turn the power source off it stops working for 5 days. Last time this happened we thought the TV no longer worked even though its only 3 years old?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

It seems power supply board internal problem that doesn't provide proper volts to main board of TV.

Please press and hold power button on TV itself for 5 seconds, does power light start flashing or lit solid now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, still nothing?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it is power supply board problem that needs to be replaced in TV to fix the issue. Please get the part number off of power supply board installed in TV to search/ google it to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself, if you're uncomfortable working on it then local TV repair shop will do it for you.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I appreciate you might be busy, honestly I do. But as I am paying for this service...I would really appreciate it if you could just call me and talk me through this soon? This is not a new issue. This has always been the case since we bought the TV. I just need to know how to bypass the sleep mode? I'm honestly not sure you understand that it will work after 5 days again? Why is this?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

OK, let opt out to allow other experts to chime in and to assist you over phone

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry, but I'm really not at all happy with this service. I hoped for a solution a bit quicker. I can't be the only person this has happened to? The TV itself has worked well and always has until we shut off the power supply. Please ask someone to call me to discuss the problem soon. There is no fault with the TV itself and I know from previous experience that if we wait for 5 days it will work again. I was hoping that by paying a technician online I could understand how or why this happens so we can change this process of locking down?? Please assist. Many thanks