Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My Panasonic TX-L42ET5B has lost all image's to the screen.

Customer Question

Hi, my Panasonic TX-L42ET5B has lost all image's to the screen. When I turn on I receive back lights, audio, channel change, standby, everything except any kind of image of any kind. Regards, ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am here waiting for response to my problem, thank's
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

When you say backlight board you mean the LED driver board ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you turn the tv off and back on again do you get a brief flash of light or perhaps the company logo on the screen before it goes dark ?
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

When this first happened , did you still have sound ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do mean driver board. Yes I had sound, I still have sound, Like I have mentioned I have everything except for image's on the screen,
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O>K by replacing all the boards you confirmed what I could`ve told you to start with (and save money +time) , you have defective led strips at the back of the panel and this is getting to be quite common fr all LED backit TV's

Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place

More to come

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Now I did a search on this model for those strips and all I could find was for the model TX-L42E5B , see the link below ;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Backlight-LED-Strip-Bar-Panasonic-TX-L42E5B-LC420EUD-SE-M1-M2-M3-6922L-0016A-/253071456548

It could still fit your tv though , look at the bottom of that page and you will see the lcd panel sticker number , see if it matches yours

Otherwise perhaps your part supplier could have that

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you can return your boards then all the better

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got backlights, a full screen of lights on, just no image.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

OK then , I thought you had no backlight since you replaced the LED driver board , hence that being my first question

Was that the original problem ?

A blank lit screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a blank lit screen with everything but image.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ne menu either ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Only thing i could see here would be that your new t-con is defective

Pull the LVDS cable out at the bottom connector or at the main board and re-inserted it loosely then wiggle it

See if the screen has any flash or blinks

If not then you could have a dead t-con

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no menu to be seen, no options to be seen, no guide, no internet to be seen but I know it switches to it because of the sound, it also changes channels, every thing but seeing it.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my last post ?

That is a way to test it , we do that in repair shops and also , there should be some 12 volts coming into it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're telling me to try every thing I done, I have all the correct output voltages including the 12volts at the T com board.
I changed all these boards from a donor TV that I bought that worked but had cracked screen so I know the boards are fine.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I don`t know what you tried beside replacing those boards

Good luck with that now

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ernest,

If all of the boards are good then the display panel itself is suspect.